Vancouver, BC: The Vancouver Police Department believes that compelling circumstances exist to warn the public about a high-risk sexual offender who is now residing in Vancouver.
Forty-five-year-old Michael Wayne Carpenter is currently serving a 10 year long term supervision order with convictions for three counts each of sexual assault with a weapon, forcible confinement, and utter threat to cause death or bodily harm.
Carpenter poses a risk of significant harm to the safety of vulnerable female children, youth and adults and will be residing at a correctional halfway house in the City of Vancouver. He is described as white, 5’9” tall, weighs 180 lbs. with brown short hair and blue eyes.
Michael Carpenter will be bound by the terms of a long term supervision order, which includes the following conditions:
- Not to consume, purchase, or possess alcohol.
- Not to consume, purchase or possess drugs.
- Not to own, use or possess a computer, or any technological device that would allow access to the internet.
- Not to be in the presence of any female children under the age of 18, except in certain conditions.
- Not to purchase, acquire, possess or access pornography or sexually explicit material.
- Report all friendships, sexual relationships and intimate relationships with women.
- No contact with certain persons.
- No go Kamloops, BC.
- Not to enter any private dwelling or places including, but not limited to hotels, motels, rooming houses, SRO residences, private residence/dwelling, or vehicles.
- Reside at a specific place.
- Curfew and police reporting conditions.
Anyone witnessing Michael Wayne Carpenter in violation of any of these conditions is asked to call 9-1-1.
Vancouver Police Department