Ottawa, Ontario – Introducing Nacho, Nanook, Nemo, Nickel, Noble and Nordic,, the six RCMP foals who now have names thanks to the creativity of young Canadians.
Each spring, the RCMP “Name the Foal” contest asks young people from across Canada to submit original names for six of the foals born at the RCMP Breeding Farm in Pakenham, Ontario. This year the names had to begin with the letter “N”.
The winning names were submitted by:
- Calleigh, age 7, Chilliwack, British Columbia – Nacho
- Ariya, age 3, Brampton, Ontario – Nanook
- Alexis, age 10, Port Coquitlam, British Columbia – Nemo
- Drew, age 9, Quispamsis, New Brunswick – Nickel
- Kolton, age 4, Estevan, Saskatchewan – Noble
- Rory, age 7, Nepean, Ontario – Nordic
All winners will receive a signed RCMP Stetson worn by a Musical Ride member, a set of the 2016 Musical Ride Trading Cards, a Horse & Rider Leaf Pin, a framed photo of the foal they named, and a certificate signed by the Commissioner of the RCMP.
For more information on the contest, please contact Lysette Beaudoin at the RCMP Musical Ride Branch, 613-998-0754 or visit the RCMP Website.
Royal Canadian Mounted Police