Winnipeg, MB: The Winnipeg Police Major Crimes Unit has arrested a suspect wanted in a series of violent robberies dating back to the beginning of August, 2016.
Shortly after midnight on September 11, 2016, investigators arrested and charged:
– Kyle Aron PARISIAN, 22 years of Winnipeg
Parisian was charged with sixteen separate offences, including:
– Robbery x 5
– Possess Weapon x 5
In addition, Parisian was the subject of 2 separate arrest warrants. Parisian’s charges relate to the following incidents:
– August 4, 2014, in the area of Balmoral Street and Cumberland Avenue, two male victims were approached by a male suspect brandishing a knife and a board. Both victims were assaulted. They suffered non-life-threatening injuries.
– August 8 a Honda Civic was stolen from the 400 block of Stella Avenue.
– September 5 a male suspect robbed a bakery in the 1000 block of Keewatin Street. No one was injured in this incident.
– September 7 a suspect, armed with a knife, robbed a bakery in the 700 block of Keewatin Street. There were no injuries.
– September 10 a suspect, armed with a knife and driving the stolen Honda Civic, robbed a restaurant in the 200 block of Henderson Highway. There were no injuries reported.
Later that morning a suspect, again armed with a knife and driving the stolen Honda, attempted to rob a gas bar in the 900 block of Jefferson Avenue, but was unsuccessful. A few hours later the Honda was crashed into a parked car in the 700 block of Flora Avenue and the driver fled the scene. At approximately 10:30 a.m. a suspect stole a quantity of cigarettes from a gas bar located in 1000 block of Keewatin Street. Finally, at approximately 7:30 p.m. a suspect, armed with a knife, robbed a second gas bar located in the 1000 block of Keewatin Street.
Parisian was detained in custody.
Winnipeg Police Service