Grande Prairie (Rural), AB: On Sunday September 11, 2016 at approximately 22:40 PM, Grande Prairie Rural RCMP responded to report of an erratic driver in the area of Debolt. Witnesses reported a black Dodge Ram driving dangerously and observed the vehicle driving westbound in the eastbound lanes of Highway 43. Police responding to the call were forced to take emergency action to avoid colliding with the truck before they were able to stop the vehicle.
Kyle SCHNURR of Lantzville, BC has been charged with the following offences:
• Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle
• Impaired operation of a motor vehicle
• Failure to comply with a breath demand
• Operate a motor vehicle while disqualified
• Fail to comply with probation order
SCHNURR remains in police custody and will appear in Grande Prairie Provincial Court on September 14,2016
Grande Prairie Rural RCMP would like to thank all of those people who called police to report this incident.
Grande Prairie RCMP