Toronto, Ontario – The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest made in a shooting investigation.
On Monday, April 25, 2016, at approximately 12:30 a.m., police were called to a shooting in the Dundas Street West/Euclid Avenue area.
It is alleged that:
– a man was in an argument with a group of people
– the man then discharged a firearm toward the group of people
– the bullet missed his intended target but struck a driver waiting for a fare nearby
– the man then fled in a motor vehicle
The victim was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The man was later identified through investigation.
On Tuesday, September 13, 2016, Paul Weeden, 24, of Mississauga, was arrested. He has been charged with:
1) Unauthorized Possession of a Restricted Weapon
2) Carry Concealed Weapon
3) Possession of a Weapon
4) Discharge Firearm with Intent to Wound Endanger Life
5) Assault with a Weapon
6) Assault Cause Bodily Harm
7) Cause Bodily Harm by Criminal Negligence
8) Careless use of a Firearm
9) Pointing a Firearm
10) Use Firearm During Commission of Indictable Offence
11) Possess Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Firearm Prohibition
12) two counts of Possession for the Purpose of a Schedule II Substance (Marijuana)
13) two counts of Possession of a Schedule II Substance (Marijuana)
14) two counts of Possession of Proceeds of Crime
He will be appearing in court on Wednesday, September 14, 2016, at Old City Hall, at 10 a.m., in courtroom 101.
Case #: 2016-702280
Toronto Police Service