Winnipeg, Manitoba – After a lengthy investigation initiated by the West District Community Support Unit, five adults have been arrested and face a variety of drug and firearm related offences.
On September 13, 2016, investigators obtained a Controlled Drug and Substance Act (CDSA) search warrant for a residence in the 200 block of Newton Avenue. With the assistance of the Tactical Support Team and District 3 Community Support Unit, police executed the search warrant.
As a result, investigators made numerous seizures which included the following:
- Small quantities of heroin, methadone and Oxycotin pills
- Approximately $3,000 in cash
- 11 long guns (2 SKS semi-automatic rifles, shotguns, high-powered rifles)
- Semi-automatic handgun
- Over 600 rounds of assorted ammunition
The 5 adult males arrested were between the ages of 30 and 54. They face a variety of charges including:
- Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Weapon
- Possess Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
- Possess Weapon Obtained by Crime
- Unsafe Storage of Firearm x 4
- Possess Proceeds of Crime
- Possess Goods Obtained by Crime
- CDSA (4.1) Methadone
- CDSA (4.1) Heroin
- CDSA (4.1) Oxycotin
Only one accused was detained in custody. The remainder were released on a Promise to Appear.
Winnipeg Police Service