Grande Prairie, AB: RCMP have responded to numerous complaints of people using aggressive sales techniques while selling items door-to-door.
If you are approached by a salesperson at your home please keep the following in mind:
• Never let anyone inside of your home
• Ask to see identification from the salesperson, both photo ID and an ID that associates the person to the business he/she is representing
• Before purchasing anything, fully research the company on your own to determine it’s reliability and reputation
• Ensure the contract includes information about maintenance/repair responsibilities, cancellation and any additional costs
• Contact Grande Prairie Enforcement Services (780-538-0300) to determine whether the company has a valid license from the city to be selling products door-to-door
Please contact Grande Prairie RCMP (780-830-5701) if you encounter any of the following:
• Someone aggressively trying to enter your home
• Someone who has entered your home without permission
• Someone who doesn’t have any valid identification
• Someone exhibiting suspicious or threatening behaviour
Should you wish to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 1.800.222.8477 (TIPS), by Internet at www.tipsubmit.com, or by SMS (check your local Crime Stoppers [www.crimestoppers.ab.ca] for instructions on how to do).
Grande Prairie RCMP