Red Deer, Alberta – Two men are facing numerous charges after RCMP arrested them yesterday in possession of two stolen trucks, break-in instruments, drugs and several weapons.
After receiving intelligence regarding the activities of several suspects known to be active in property crimes in the area, Red Deer RCMP located the two suspects at approximately 8:30 am on September 27 on a property on Daines Avenue. RCMP took the suspects into custody after a brief foot chase and seized drugs believed to be crystal meth, a number of sets of vehicle keys, break-in tools, knives and a stun gun. RCMP recovered a blue Dodge Ram and a white Ford F350 that had been reported stolen out of Red Deer earlier that morning.
28 year old Jonathan James Scott faces the following charges:
- Criminal Code 91(2) – Unauthorized possession of weapon
- Criminal Code 90(1) – Carry concealed weapon
- Criminal Code 733.1(1) – Breach of probation X 3
- Criminal Code 117.01(1) – Possession of weapon while prohibited from doing so
- Criminal Code 355(a) – Possession of stolen property X 2
- Criminal Code 351(1) – Possession of break-in instruments
- CDSA 4(1) – Possession of controlled substance X 2
Scott makes his first appearance in court in Red Deer today, September 28.
RCMP continue to investigate. The name of the second suspect and the charges against him will be released once those charges have been sworn before the courts.
RCMP File #20161284719
Red Deer RCMP