Red Deer, Alberta – A Red Deer man who was wanted on 16 warrants for his arrest now faces 15 new charges after RCMP located him in possession of drugs and stolen property on September 29.
At 9 am on September 29, RCMP located the suspect in a parked vehicle in the Lancaster neighbourhood; he was in possession of stolen property including electronics, purses, a wallet and backpacks, drugs and drug paraphernalia. At the time of his arrest, he was also wanted on 16 warrants out of Red Deer and Sylvan Lake for various crimes including multiple break and enters, possession of stolen property, drug possession, obstructing/ resisting police, several weapons charges, failing to comply with court ordered conditions and failing to appear in court.
24 year old Todd Kenneth Deschambeault faces the following new charges in addition to the many charges related to the warrants:
• Criminal Code 145(3) – Breach of conditions X 8
• Criminal Code 355(a) – Possession of stolen property over $5,000
• Criminal Code 355(b) – Possession of stolen property under $5,000 X 3
• Criminal Code 733.1(1) – Breach of probation order
• CDSA 4(1) – Possession of controlled substance X 2
Deschambeault is scheduled to appear in court in Red Deer on October 27 at 9:30 am.
RCMP File #20161294469
Red Deer RCMP