Winnipeg, Manitoba – Between January 2016 and October 2016, numerous convenience stores were robbed of merchandise by an armed male suspect.
During the robberies, the suspect would confront staff while armed with a knife and obtain an undisclosed amount cigarettes before fleeing, typically on a bike.
The incidents are as follows:
- January 16th – 1300 block of Henderson Highway
- July 12th – 300 block of Henderson Highway
- July 21st – 100 block of Salter Street
- July 24th – 600 block of Watt Street
- July 25th – 300 block of Henderson Highway
- September 5th – 600 block of Watt Street
- September 7th – 600 block of Watt Street
- September 7th – 100 block of Salter Street
- September 30th – 600 block of Watt Street
- October 2nd – 300 block of Henderson Highway
On October 2, 2016 near midnight, a convenience store located in the 300 block of Henderson Highway was robbed and the suspect fled.
At approximately 4:00 a.m., the suspect re-attended the same business to allegedly commit another robbery. The store clerk recognized the suspect and secured the business, preventing him to gain entry. He eventually left the area on a bike.
A short time later, a uniform patrol supervisor observed the suspect riding a bike in the area of Henderson Highway and Larsen Avenue. After a brief altercation, the male was arrested and taken into custody.
Members of the Major Crimes Unit continued the investigation.
Jeremy Al BECHARD, 38 years old of Winnipeg has been charged with the following:
- Robbery x 11
- Possession of a Weapon x 9
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order
He was remanded into custody.
Winnipeg Police Service