High River, Alberta – On October 8, 2016 at approx. 0200 am, High River RCMP responded to a call for service to a residence in northeast High River after a female reported that she has been threatened with a firearm. A 34 year old High River man was arrested on scene. The male was also wanted on five outstanding arrest warrants. The male currently remains in custody and has been charged with 12 counts pursuant to the Criminal Code including:
• Two counts of Assault with a Weapon
• Two counts of Uttering Threats to Cause Death
• Two counts of Using an Imitation Firearm in the Commission of an Indictable Offence
• One count of Possession of a Prohibited Weapon
• One count of Possession of a Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
• Four counts of Failing to Comply with Conditions
The 34 year old male is scheduled to appear in Calgary Provincial Court on Tuesday October 11th, 2016.
Thankfully no person was injured during this high-risk incident.
High River RCMP
Changes to Facebook means fewer people now see our posts. Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.