Barrie, Ontario – On Thursday, October 20th, 2016 at 10:00pm Barrie Police were called to a residence on Yonge Street, in the City of Barrie, for a 17-year-old male who was suffering from a suspected overdose from an unknown substance. Paramedics and Police were able to locate a small bag with a pink rock-type substance near the male and suspect this is what was ingested that led to the medical emergency. The male was transported to Royal Victoria Regional Health Center with a serious and life threatening reaction but has since been released.
Barrie Police Service are awaiting reports from Health Canada on the contents of the substance as it is still unknown at this time. If a substance like the ones photographed is located, please contact police immediately. Police are warning recreational drug users that some drugs, such as Fentanyl, cannot be detected by looks, smell or taste and can sometimes be misrepresented and sold by drug dealers as other drugs. The consumption of any drug, including Fentanyl, is not one without risk.
Occurrence #: BA16052835
Barrie Police Service
Changes to Facebook means fewer people now see our posts. Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.