Cold Lake, Alberta – Cold Lake RCMP have arrested and charged 41 year old Kelly Joseph George Janvier, of Cold Lake, after an arrest warrant was recently issued for his arrest. On September 28, 2016, during the afternoon, Cold Lake RCMP were called to a Break and Enter to a residence on Range Road 414 where a 2013 white Chevrolet Silverado had been stolen.
An RCMP investigation resulted in the attempted traffic stop of the stolen truck later that night. Kelly Janvier, the driver, rammed the police vehicle that was attempting to stop him. Kelly Janvier then fled the area at a high rate of speed and failed to stop for RCMP. The stolen truck was later recovered.
As a result of this incident, Kelly Janvier has been charged with:
• Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5000.00.
• Assaulting a Police Officer.
• Obstructing a Police Officer.
• Flight While Being Pursued by a Police Officer.
• Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle.
• Failing to Comply with a Recognizance.
• Operating a Motor Vehicle Without Insurance.
Early this morning, Cold Lake RCMP arrested Kelly Janvier following another stolen vehicle complaint.
Kelly Janvier was again found in breach of his recognizance and has also been charged with:
• Failing to Comply With a Recognizance x 2.
The Recognizance stems from a July 15, 2016, incident where charges of Assault, Forcible Confinement and Uttering Threats were laid. These charges are still before the courts. Kelly Janvier has been remanded into custody and will be next appearing via CCTV at Cold Lake Provincial Court, on Wednesday, October 26, 2016, at 10:00 a.m.
Cold Lake RCMP