Regina, Saskatchewan – On October 22, 2016 at approximately 01:00 AM Police were dispatched to the 400 block of York Street for a report of bear spraying and firearms complaint. The complaint consisted of a male being “bear sprayed” and a vehicle circling the residence with a firearm being pointed at the residence.
Upon arrival Police attempted to stop a vehicle matching the suspect vehicle description, however the vehicle evaded police. Investigation lead to locating the vehicle a short time later in the 900 block Argyle Street where a firearm was seized by police. As a result three youths and one adult male, Cleveland KEQUAHTOOWAY d.o.b. 1997/09/17 were arrested and transported to cells to face related charges.
Cleveland KEQUAHTOOWAY was remanded in custody for court on October 24, 2016 to face the following charges:
– Breach of Undertaking x 2
The three youths, cannot be named in accordance with the provisions of the Youth Criminal Justice Act. The youths will be facing the following charges:
– 249(1) Flight while pursued by peace officer;
– 94(1) Unauthorized possession of a firearm in a motor vehicle; and
– 249(1)(a) Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle.
145(3) X 2 Breach of Undertaking.
– 87 Pointing a firearm;
– 88 Possession of a Weapon;
– 86(1) Careless Use of a Firearm;
– 91(1) Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm;
– 94(1)(a)(i) Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Device or Ammunition in a Motor Vehicle;
– 91(2) Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Weapon; and
– 145(3) X3 Breach of Undertaking.
– 267(a) Assault with a Weapon;
– 88 Possession of a Weapon; and
– 145(3) X 4 Breach of Undertaking.
There is no further information to release at this time.
Regina Police Service
Changes to Facebook means fewer people now see our posts. Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.