Regina, Saskatchewan – On October 22, 2016 at approximately 01:00 AM Police were dispatched to the 400 block of York Street for a report of bear spraying and firearms complaint. The complaint consisted of a male being “bear sprayed” and a vehicle circling the residence with a firearm being pointed at the residence.
Upon arrival Police attempted to stop a vehicle matching the suspect vehicle description, however the vehicle evaded police. Investigation lead to locating the vehicle a short time later in the 900 block Argyle Street where a firearm was seized by police. As a result three youths and one adult male, Cleveland KEQUAHTOOWAY d.o.b. 1997/09/17 were arrested and transported to cells to face related charges.
Cleveland KEQUAHTOOWAY was remanded in custody for court on October 24, 2016 to face the following charges:
– Breach of Undertaking x 2
The three youths, cannot be named in accordance with the provisions of the Youth Criminal Justice Act. The youths will be facing the following charges:
– 249(1) Flight while pursued by peace officer;
– 94(1) Unauthorized possession of a firearm in a motor vehicle; and
– 249(1)(a) Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle.
145(3) X 2 Breach of Undertaking.
– 87 Pointing a firearm;
– 88 Possession of a Weapon;
– 86(1) Careless Use of a Firearm;
– 91(1) Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm;
– 94(1)(a)(i) Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Device or Ammunition in a Motor Vehicle;
– 91(2) Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Weapon; and
– 145(3) X3 Breach of Undertaking.
– 267(a) Assault with a Weapon;
– 88 Possession of a Weapon; and
– 145(3) X 4 Breach of Undertaking.
There is no further information to release at this time.
Regina Police Service