Toronto, Ontario – The Toronto Police Service would like to advise the public of an arrest in an ongoing drug and firearm investigation.
It is alleged that:
– on Wednesday, October 26, 2016, members of the 42 Division Major Crime Unit, with the assistance of the Emergency Task Force, executed a search warrant in the Lawrence Avenue East and Kennedy Road area.
– a silver semi-automatic Para Ordinance 9mm handgun, loaded with 14 rounds inside an over-capacity magazine, was located
– the firearm was in a pelican case with a live grenade
– officers evacuated the home and nearby homes as a safety precaution
– the CBRNE unit determined that the grenade was live, but safe to be removed from the home
– another 12 live military training grenades in pelican cases were also located
– a 50-round 9mm drum magazine, a 30-round 9mm over-capacity magazine, and 248 rounds of 9mm ammunition were also located
1) Possession of a Restricted Firearm Without a Licence
2) Possess Firearm Knowing Possession is Unauthorized
3) Possess Restricted Weapon Knowing No Authority
4) Possession of Prohibited Device
5) Possession of Prohibited Device
6) Possession of Prohibited Device
7) Possess Loaded Firearm
8) Careless Storage of a Firearm
9) Careless Storage of Prohibited Device
10) Careless Storage of Prohibited Device
11) Careless Storage of Prohibited Device
12) Careless Storage of Ammunition
13) Weapons Dangerous
14) Possess Explosive Substance
15) Possess Explosive Substance
He was scheduled to appear in court at 1911 Eglinton Avenue East on Thursday, October 27, 2016, 2 p.m.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-4200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637).
Case #: 2016-1905727
Toronto Police Service
Changes to Facebook means fewer people now see our posts. Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.