Regina, Saskatchewan – Two Regina men are facing a total of 88 criminal and drug-related charges as the result of an Emergency Services deployment at a house in the 400 block of Royal Street on late Sunday afternoon. Numerous firearms, ammunition and drugs were seized in the search.
On Sunday, November 6, 2016, the Regina Police Service obtained judicial authorization to carry out a search at a residence on the 400 block of Royal Street. Police believed there were firearms and drugs inside the house. Because of the risk to public and police officer safety posed by the potential presence of firearms, members of the Crisis Negotiation Team and Special Weapons and Tactics Team were authorized to execute the warrant. Other officers, both plain clothes and uniformed, were involved in this operation. The Regina Police Communications Centre advised nearby residents to remain in their homes until further notification. Members of the public and media were advised through news release and social media. Just after 5:30 p.m. two male subjects, who had exited the house, were placed under arrest. A search of the residence yielded seven firearms; a substantial quantity of ammunition; substances believed to be hashish, marihuana and psilocybin; and currency. Further investigation led to numerous charges against the two males. (In the news release issued Sunday evening, it was indicated there were three males taken from the house. It was determined one of these individuals had no criminal involvement in this incident, so he was promptly released.)
Two Regina males: 24 year-old Scott Tanner Mason THOMPSON, DOB: 1992-05-18, and 20 year-old Alex J. WORRALL-MCLEOD, DOB: 1995-12-20, are facing 44 charges each:
– Eleven (11) x Breach of Undertaking, s. 145(3) CC;
– 7 x Careless Use of a Firearm, s. 86(1) CC;
– 7 x Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm, s. 92(1) CC;
– 7 x Possession of a Firearm Obtained by Crime, s. 96(1) CC;
– 4 x Possession of a Prohibited Device (.22 calibre magazines), s. 92(2) CC;
– 2 x Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition, s. 95(1)(a) CC;
– 2 x Possession of a Firearm, Knowing the Serial Number has been Tampered, s. 108(1)(b) CC;
– 2 x Possession of Proceeds of Crime under $5,000, s. 355(b) CC;
– Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking a Scheduled Substance (psilocybin), s. 5(2) CDSA;
– Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking a Scheduled Substance (marihuana), s. 5(2) CDSA;
Both males are making their first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Monday, November 7, 2016.
The Regina Police Service thanks the public and area residents for their cooperation during the search; this support was a key contributor to the safe resolution of this potentially dangerous event.
Regina Police Service
Changes to Facebook means fewer people now see our posts. Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.