Edmonton, Alberta – An Edmonton man is facing multiple human trafficking-related charges, including sexually exploiting a girl under the age of 18 for profit.
Vice Section detectives with the assistance of various EPS resources arrested Lexis Andrew Goyda, 24, of Edmonton, following a 10-week investigation into the accused’s alleged involvement in the sexual services industry.
Goyda is facing charges of:
– Procuring (x2)
– Material benefit from sexual service (x2)
– Advertise sexual services (x3)
– Procuring under 18 years of age
– Trafficking of a person under 18 years of age
– Material benefit from sexual services of a child
– Sexual exploitation
– Cause a child to be in need of protective services (CFE)
– Possession of a controlled substance (CDSA)
Investigators are releasing Goyda’s photo publicly, as they believe there may be other females, including girls under the age of 18, that have been exploited by the accused, both in Calgary and Edmonton.
Any other females that have been involved with Lexis Andrew Goyda in the sexual services industry are encouraged to contact the EPS at 780-423-4567 or #377 from a mobile phone. Anonymous information can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or online at www.tipsubmit.com/start.htm.
Edmonton Police Service
“Dedicated to Protect, Proud to Serve”
Changes to Facebook means fewer people now see our posts. Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.