Regina, Saskatchewan – A 32 year-old male and 31 year-old female are facing numerous weapons charges following an incident early Sunday morning, November 27, 2016.
Police were dispatched to a house in the 4800 block of Singer Crescent at about 5:00 a.m. on Sunday, November 27, 2016 for a report of a male walking with a firearm. It appeared the individual had been at the Singer Crescent residence earlier and then later returned with a long-barreled firearm in hand. The suspect left the scene in his truck; however, officers were able to safely stop the vehicle a short time later in the area of Pasqua Street North. The firearm described by witnesses was located in the vehicle, along with a number of loaded magazines of ammunition. Investigating officers learned of other firearms at the suspect’s residence in the 900 block of Forget Street. Police subsequently seized other firearms and ammunition as well as a small quantity of marihuana. A female at the residence was also charged in connection with the unsafe storage of the firearms and ammunition in the residence.
Thirty-two year-old Stephen G. JAWORSKI, DOB: 1984-22-08, of Regina is facing ten charges:
– Use of a Firearm in Commission of an Indictable Offence (assault), s. 85(1)(a)( CC;
– 5 x Careless Use of a Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device or Ammunition, s. 86(1) CC;
– Possession of a Weapon, s. 88;
– Assault with a Weapon, s. 267(a) CC;
– Drive While Impaired, s. 253(1)(a) CC;
– Fail or Refuse to Provide Breath Sample, s. 254(5) CC;
Thirty-one year-old Candace Elaine JAWORSKI, DOB: 1985-06-16, of Regina is facing four charges:
– 2 x Careless Use of a Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device or Ammunition, s. 86(1) CC;
– Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm, s. 91(1) CC; and
– Possession of Marihuana, s. 4(5) CDSA.
Both accused made their first court appearances in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. this morning, Monday, November 28, 2016.
Regina Police Service