Fort McMurray, Alberta – On Thursday, January 26th, 2017 at 8:30 pm, Wood Buffalo Drug Section executed a Search Warrant at a Fort MacKay address. Police seized a total of 60 assorted pills, marihuana, brass knuckles, an unsecured rifle, along with other items related to drug trafficking.
Gary Cooper and Victoria Gardner, both of Fort MacKay, were arrested by police on scene, and have been charged with the following offences:
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking (x5) under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
- Possession of a Controlled Substance under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm under the Criminal Code
- Careless Storage of a Firearm under the Criminal Code
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000, under the Criminal Code
Both Cooper and Gardner will have their first appearance in Fort McMurray court on March 14th, 2017.
Dion Boucher was also arrested for outstanding warrants, originating from Edmonton Police Service, for Criminal Code offences. Boucher is to appear in Edmonton court on February 2nd, 2017.
If you have any information regarding this occurrence, or any drug trafficking in Wood Buffalo, police contact the Wood Buffalo RCMP at (780) 788-4000. Alternatively, if you would like to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or online at www.tipsubmit.com. You do not have to reveal your identity to Crime Stoppers, and if you provide information to Crime Stoppers that leads to an arrest(s), you may be eligible for a cash reward.
Wood Buffalo RCMP