Regina, Saskatchewan – An 18 year-old male has been charged following investigation into a shooting incident, on February 22, 2017, that wounded another 18 year-old male. The shooting occurred at a residence in the 1300 block of Athol Street.
On Wednesday, February 22, 2017, at 3:30 p.m., police were dispatched to a residence in the 1300 block Athol Street, for a report of an injured male. When police arrived they located an 18 year-old male with an apparent gunshot wound. EMS arrived and took over the care of the victim and transported him to hospital. The injuries to the victim were described as not life-threatening. The investigation into this incident included a search of the residence and property. As a result of the search of the property, officers located a sawed-off shotgun and a bag filled with ammunition. These items and other evidence were seized. Further investigation led to the identification of a suspect and his subsequent arrest on Friday, February 24th.
Eighteen year-old Coltin Darcy MCALLISTER, DOB: 1998-07-09, of Regina, is charged with:
- Possession of a Loaded or Restricted Firearm, s. 95(1)(a) CC;
- Discharge Firearm with Intent, s. 244(a) CC;
- Careless Use of a Prohibited Firearm, s. 86(1) CC;
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized, s. 92(1) CC;
- Possession of a Prohibited Firearm Obtained by Crime, s. 96(1) CC; and
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance, 4(1) CDSA.
The accused was scheduled to make his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Monday, February 27, 2017.
Regina Police Service
Changes to Facebook means fewer people now see our posts. Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.