Abbotsford, BC – In October 2016, Abbotsford Police Department investigators received information that an internet subscriber was uploading images of child sexual abuse. In the months that followed, a 37-year-old suspect named Robert Gordon Hillier was identified in connection to that internet account. The Major Crime Unit of the APD executed a search warrant at Hillier’s residence on January 12, 2017, and seized various computer devices and cell phones. An examination of the material on those items revealed thousands of child pornography images and videos.
On February 28, 2017, Robert Gordon Hillier was arrested. He has since been charged with Accessing Child Pornography, Possession of Child Pornography and Making Available Child Pornography.
Hillier has been released from custody under the following court ordered conditions:
- Not to contact or communicate with or be alone in the presence of any person under the age of 18 unless in the company of an approved adult
- Not to attend any public park, school ground, daycare center, swimming pool, playground, skating rink, community center or recreation center where persons under the age of 18 might reasonably be expected to be present unless in the company of an approved adult
- Not to engage in any activity that involves contact or communication with person under the age of 18 using a computer system
- Not to possess or utilize any electronic device capable of accessing the internet
- Not to contact or communicate with any person who is known to be involved in the sexual exploitation of children or trading or possessing child sexual exploitation materials
Anyone with information concerning this investigation is asked to call the Abbotsford Police Department at 604-859-5225 or text us at 222973(abbypd).
APD FILE # 16-44830 RELEASE # 1
Abbotsford Police Department