Red Deer, Alberta – Red Deer RCMP have charged one man after two gunshots were fired into a home in the Mustang Acres mobile home park shortly before 1 pm on March 8.
RCMP have confirmed that the suspect and the occupants of the home were known to each other, and that this was not a random incident. Two adults were present in the residence when the shots were fired from outside the front door, and no one was injured.
24 year old Hol Dominick Garang faces the following charges:
- Criminal Code 85(1)(a) – Use of a firearm while committing an offence
- Criminal Code 86(1) – Careless use of a firearm
- Criminal Code 88(1) – Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose (shotgun)
- Criminal Code 91(1) – Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Criminal Code 92(1) – Possession of a firearm while knowing possession was unauthorized
- Criminal Code 267(a) – Assault with weapon (shotgun) X 2
- Criminal Code 430(4) – Mischief
- Criminal Code 117.01(1) – Possession of firearm contrary to prohibition order
Garang will appear in court in Red Deer today, March 8 at 9:30 am.
Red Deer RCMP have man in custody after shots fired
Red Deer, Alberta – Red Deer RCMP have one man in custody after responding to a report of shots fired in a home in the Mustang Acres mobile home park shortly before 1 pm today.
At 12:50 pm on March 7, RCMP responded to a report that two shots had been fired in a residence in the area of 68 Street and 59 Avenue. They immediately began their search for a suspect, and located him on foot nearby. By 1:10 pm, he had been taken into custody without incident.
No one was injured in this incident and RCMP continue to investigate. No further information is available at this time, but RCMP are asking witnesses who may have seen the incident to contact police. An update will be issued as more information comes available.
If you have information about this investigation, please contact the Red Deer RCMP at 403-343-5575. If you wish to remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or report it online at www.tipsubmit.com. If your information leads to an arrest, you could be eligible for a cash reward up to $2,000.
Police File #2017270987
Red Deer RCMP
Changes to Facebook means fewer people now see our posts. Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.