Edmonton, Alberta – Edmonton Police Service Homicide Section detectives have charged the suspect in a weapons complaint from Monday morning.
At approximately 11:33 a.m. on March 13, 2017, the EPS responded to a weapons complaint in the intersection of 50 Street and 137 Avenue. Several witnesses in the area contacted police after witnessing a lone male carrying a firearm. In response to the activity of the suspect, shots were fired by police and the male was struck. The male was treated and transported to hospital by EMS. On March 15, 2017 he was charged and remanded into custody.
Glenn Justin Ironchild, 36, is facing the following charges:
- Careless use of a firearm
- Pointing a firearm
- Assault with a weapon; possession of offensive weapon dangerous to the public
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Knowingly possess unauthorized firearm (x2)
- Possession of firearm/weapon contrary to prohibition order (x4)
- Careless storage of a firearm
- Unauthorized possession of prohibited/restricted weapon
- Tampering with a serial number
Ironchild’s bail hearing is scheduled for April 6, 2017.
The EPS will not be providing further comment as the Alberta Serious Incident Response Team (ASIRT) continues to investigate the shooting involving an EPS officer.
Edmonton Police Service
“Dedicated to Protect, Proud to Serve”
Changes to Facebook means fewer people now see our posts. Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.