Edmonton, Alberta – In the interest of public safety, the Edmonton Police Service is issuing the following warning; Curtis Poburan is a convicted sexual offender and the Edmonton Police Service believes he is a high risk to commit another sexual offence against someone under the age of 16 while in the community.
Poburan will be residing in the Edmonton area and supervised on Probation.
Poburan has been placed on a series of court ordered conditions including:
- You shall refrain from engaging in or attempting to engage in any activity with any person under the age of 16.
- Must not possess any child pornography.
- Must not be within 50 meters around places where children under the age of 16 are reasonably expected to be present, i.e. school ground, daycare centres, public parks, public swimming pools, recreational centres or community centres.
- Must not enter any residence of any child under the age of 16 years, unless in the immediate presence of an adult guardian or parent of such child.
- Must not seek or maintain any employment or becoming a volunteer in a capacity that involves being in a position of trust or authority toward any person under the age of 16.
- Must not be in possession of any firearms, including replica firearms and pellet guns.
Anyone with any information about any potential breaches of these conditions by POBURAN can contact the EPS at 780-423-4567.
The Edmonton Police Service is issuing this information and warning after careful deliberation of all related issues, including privacy concerns, in the belief that it is clearly in the public interest to inform the members of the community.
Members of the public are advised that the intent of this process is to enable citizens to take suitable precautionary measures. Releasing this information is NOT intended to encourage people to engage in any form of vigilante action.
This information is released under the authority of the FOIP Act, RSA 2000, C. F-25.
The information in this release is that which was verifiable prior to the release time indicated. Continued investigation and review could result in additional information or clarification.
Edmonton Police Service
“Dedicated to Protect, Proud to Serve”
Changes to Facebook means fewer people now see our posts. Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.