Grande Prairie, Alberta – On Wednesday April 5, 2017 the RCMP responded to a disturbance at a residence and ended up executing a search warrant which led to guns, a prohibited weapon, drugs and cash.
Following a disturbance complaint at a residence, police entered the residence to ensure the safety of those in the residence. Once inside, the RCMP were confronted by a male with a firearm. An altercation ensued between the police officers and the male. The police were able to disarm the male and subsequently arrest him. No shots were fired and no injuries were sustained throughout the incident.
Grande Prairie RCMP with assistance from the Crime Reduction Unit executed a search warrant at the residence. The following items were located and seized: a loaded shot gun, a loaded hand gun, brass knuckles, 16 ounces of Hash, 13 ounces of Cocaine, 25 grams of Marihuana, evidence consistent with Cocaine trafficking, and an excess of $17,000 in Canadian currency.
Christopher HOBBS (27) from Grande Prairie has been charged with the following Criminal Code charges:
- Point a firearm without lawful excuse x4
- Unlawful possession of a firearm x2
- Possession of a loaded firearm
- Alter the serial number of a gun
- Using firearm in commission of an offence
- Careless use of a firearm x3
- Possession of prohibited weapon
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000.00
- Possession of a controlled substance (CDSA)
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking x 2 (CDSA)
HOBBS has been remanded into custody and is to appear in Grande Prairie Provincial Court on April 10, 2017.
Grande Prairie RCMP continues to investigate this matter at this time.
If you have information on this or any other crime in Grande Prairie, contact Grande Prairie RCMP Detachment at 780-830-5700 or should you wish to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 1.800.222.8477 (TIPS) or by Internet at www.tipsubmit.com.
Grande Prairie RCMP