Edmonton, Alberta – The Edmonton Police Service has arrested two suspects connected to five robberies that occurred at financial institutions in March and April.
Marvin Byrd, 30, and Mamahat Tiber, 37, were arrested on Wednesday, Apr. 12, 2017 and are charged with 24 robbery and firearms related offences.
Both suspects are allegedly connected to the following robberies:
- Mar. 16, 2017 in the area of Rabbit Hill Road and Terwillegar Drive
- Mar. 21, 2017 in the area of 52 Street and 167 Avenue
- Mar, 28, 2017 in the area of 178 Street and 66 Avenue
- Mar. 30, 2017 in the area of 131 Street and 137 Avenue
- Apr. 12, 2017 in the area of 97 Street and 161 Avenue
In each robbery, the suspects reportedly threatened the use of a weapon and fled the scene with an undisclosed amount of money.
EPS Robbery Section continues to investigate.
Edmonton Police Service
“Dedicated to Protect, Proud to Serve”