Winnipeg, Manitoba – The Winnipeg Police Service and Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service responded to the following reports of several suspicious fires overnight:
- At approximately 7:20 p.m. a fire was reported to garbage in the rear lane of Selkirk Ave. near Parr St.
- At approximately 10:20 p.m. a working fire was reported at a vacant residence in the 1000 block of Redwood Avenue. The fire caused damage to the building and contents.
- At approximately 1:10 a.m. a working fire was reported to a garage in the 300 block of Bannerman Avenue. The fire caused damage to the building and contents.
- At approximately 1:30 a.m. a working fire was reported to a garage in the 300 block of Atlantic Avenue. Damage was caused to the building and contents.
- At approximately 5:10 a.m. a working fire was reported to a garage in the 700 block of College Avenue. Damage was caused to the building and contents.
No injuries were reported in any of these incidents.
The causes of these fires are under investigation by members of the Major Crime Unit.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators at 204-986-2222 or Crime Stoppers at (204) 786-TIPS (8477).
The Winnipeg Police Service would like to remind citizens that with warmer weather comes an increase of incidents involving fires. Residents are asked to be mindful to avoid placing bins, garbage or other combustible items against the exterior of your home, garage, shed or fence. These are a ready supply of fuel for an arsonist.
Police Files C17-92226, C17-92166, C17-92156, C17-92038, C17-91896
Winnipeg Police Service
Changes to Facebook means fewer people now see our posts. Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.