Edmonton, Alberta – In the interest of public safety, the Edmonton Police Service is issuing the following warning; Grant White, 58, is a convicted sex offender and violent offender, including intimate partner violence and offences against a minor.
The Edmonton Police Service has reasonable grounds to believe he will commit another violent offence against someone while in the community
White is residing in the Edmonton area. The Edmonton Police Service is supervising White on a recognizance order and he will be closely monitored by the EPS Behavioural Assessment Unit.
White has been placed on a series of court ordered conditions including:
- Must abide by a curfew of 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily.
- Must abstain from the purchase, possession or consumption of alcohol and drugs, including marijuana and must not possess any drug paraphernalia.
- Must not be found in any tavern, bar, lounge, nightclub or any establishment where the primary focus is the consumption or sale of alcohol.
- Must not enter into any intimate relationship with females, including friendship, without prior approval of his supervisor.
- Must not have any contact with children under the age of 18 years.
- Must not leave the City of Edmonton without prior approval.
The Edmonton Police Service is issuing this information and warning after careful deliberation of all related issues, including privacy concerns, in the belief that it is clearly in the public interest to inform the members of the community.
Members of the public are advised that the intent of this process is to enable citizens to take suitable precautionary measures. Releasing this information is not intended to encourage people to engage in any form of vigilante action.
This information is released under the authority of the FOIP Act, RSA 2000, C. F-25.
The information in this release is that which was verifiable prior to the release time indicated. Continued investigation and review could result in additional information or clarification.
Edmonton Police Service
“Dedicated to Protect, Proud to Serve”
Changes to Facebook means fewer people now see our posts. Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.