Fort McMurray, Alberta – On May 11th and 12th, 2017, the Wood Buffalo RCMP Drug Section executed search warrants in two residences on Beaton Place, and Beren Place in Fort McMurray. The searches resulted in approximately 44 grams of cocaine, and 1 fentanyl pill being seized.
As a result of the search warrant four individuals were arrested and charged. The following three individuals were arrested and charged with possession of cocaine for the purpose of trafficking:
- Korey Spence, a 25 year old male from Fort McMurray
- Ashlee Payne, a 24 year old female from Fort McMurray
- Stephen Melanson, a 26 year old male from Fort McMurray
All three individuals have their next court appearance in Fort McMurray Provincial Court on May 23rd.
John Healey, a 35 year old male from Fort McMurray, was arrested and charged with the following offences:
- Possession of cocaine for the purpose of trafficking
- Possession of fentanyl for the purpose of trafficking
- Possession of proceeds of crime under $5000
- Fail to comply with a Probation Order (x2)
- Fail to comply with a Recognizance (x3)
Healey will remain in custody until his next court appearance on May 23rd.
If you have any information regarding drug related crime in the community, you can contact the Wood Buffalo RCMP at (780) 788-4000. Alternatively, if you would like to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or on the internet at www.tipsubmit.com. You are not required to reveal your identity to Crime Stoppers, and if you provide information to Crime Stoppers that leads to an arrest(s), you may be eligible for a cash reward.
Wood Buffalo RCMP
Changes to Facebook means fewer people now see our posts. Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.