Winnipeg, Manitoba – On May 22, 2017, at approximately 11:55 p.m., Winnipeg Police responded to a report of a male suspect armed with a gun in the parking lot of a bar in the 1100 block of Arlington Street. The suspect had been in a dispute with a patron who he physically assaulted. The suspect then left the bar and went to a vehicle in the parking lot where he was observed to remove and load a handgun.
Responding officers were able to safely disarm the suspect and place him under arrest.
Chad Daniel CAMERON, 25, of Winnipeg, has been charged with thirteen offences including:
- Careless Use of a Firearm
- Possess Weapon Dangerous to Public Peace
- Unauthorized Use of a Firearm
- Possession of a Prohibited/Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
- Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited/Restricted Firearm in a Motor Vehicle
- Utter Threats to Kill
The accused was detained in custody.
Firearms Arrest: C17-108660
Winnipeg Police Service
Changes to Facebook means fewer people now see our posts. Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.