Red Deer, Alberta – A 23 year old man faces 17 charges after Red Deer RCMP located him in a stolen car with a loaded sawed off shotgun early Monday morning.
Shortly before 6 am on May 22, RCMP on patrol in downtown Red Deer located a Ford Mustang that had a stolen license plate on it. Further investigation found that the car was also stolen and the driver was in possession of a loaded, sawed-off shotgun and what is believed to be methamphetamine. During his arrest, the suspect tried unsuccessfully to flee police before being taken into custody.
23 year old Lee Leray Pratt faces the following charges:
- Criminal Code 355(a) – Possession of stolen property over $5,000
- Criminal Code 355(b) – Possession of stolen property under $5,000
- Criminal Code 733.1 – Breach probation X 4
- Criminal Code 88(1) – Possession of prohibited firearm
- Criminal Code 94(1) – Possession of modified loaded firearm in vehicle
- Criminal Code 108(1)(b) – Serial number removed from firearm
- Criminal Code 95(1) – Possess loaded firearm
- Criminal Code 92(1) – Possess loaded firearm without license
- Criminal Code 86(1) – Unlawful storage of loaded firearm X 2
- Criminal Code 270(1)(a) – Assault peace officer
- Criminal Code 259(4) – Drive while disqualified
- CDSA 4(1) – Possession of Schedule I substance
- TSA 54 – Drive with no insurance
Pratt was remanded and will make his first court appearance in Red Deer on June 5 at 9:30 am.
Police File #2017619696
Red Deer RCMP
Changes to Facebook means fewer people now see our posts. Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.