Richmond, BC – Shortly before 12:00 PM on May 24, 2017 two male suspects allegedly robbed and assaulted a male victim in an abandoned house in the 12000 block of Blundell Road. The victim reported that he was lured into the residence by the suspects under the pretense they needed help. Once inside the residence the suspects reportedly assaulted and robbed the victim who suffered minor injuries as a result. The suspects then fled the scene in an older model grey, Ford pick-up truck with trees hanging out of the back.
Richmond RCMP were called and immediately flooded the area in search of the suspect vehicle. A vehicle matching the description was located shortly after by a Richmond RCMP Constable on Williams Road at No 4 Road. As soon as the Constable spotted the vehicle, he observed it crossover into oncoming traffic. The vehicle then preceded Northbound on No 4 Road driving at a high rate of speed.
The vehicle traveled a short distance then turned Eastbound from No 4 Road onto Francis Road where it stopped. One suspect was seen exiting the driver side of the vehicle. This suspect then fled on foot, jumping over fences.
The suspects are described as:
- Suspect 1: Caucasian male, approximately 45 to 50 years-old around 5’10 with a medium build. He had black hair and was wearing a black hoody with it pulled up.
- Suspect 2: Caucasian male, approximately 45 to 50 years-old around 5’10 with a slim build. He had a shaved head and was wearing a black t-shirt and blue jeans.
The vehicle is described as:
- Older model grey, Ford pick-up truck with trees hanging out of the back.
“In an effort to further the police investigation and identify the suspects police are asking the public and local business to review their video surveillance,” says Richmond RCMP Constable Adriana Peralta.
Richmond RCMP are seeking possible witnesses or video surveillance of the suspects and or vehicle. Richmond RCMP are urging members of the public and local businesses to review their surveillance between the hours of 11:00AM and 2:00PM in the following areas:
- South of Blundell Road on Sidaway Road to Steveston Hwy
- North of Williams Road to Blundell Road, between No 4 Road and St. Albans
Anyone with information regarding this matter should contact the Richmond RCMP at 604-278-1212 or CrimeStoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
Police File # 2017-16185
Changes to Facebook means fewer people now see our posts. Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.