Saskatoon, Saskatchewan – A 23-year-old man is facing a number of firearms charges following a traffic stop earlier this morning.
Shortly after 12:00 a.m., May 30, 2017, Patrol officers stopped a suspicious vehicle in a back alley in the 1000 block of Idylwyld Drive North. A subsequent search of the vehicle located a loaded rifle, bear mace, a knife and a bat.
The 23-year-old man is charged with;
- Careless Use of a Firearm (x2)
- Possession of Dangerous Weapon (x2)
- Carrying Concealed Weapon
- Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
- Possession of Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
- Unauthorized Possession in Motor Vehicle
- Possession of Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
- Possession of Methamphetamine
(Court Info #’s 991013713, 991013714)
(Occurrence Number: 17-53359)
Saskatoon Police Service
Changes to Facebook means fewer people now see our posts. Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.