Calgary, Alberta – The Calgary Police Service is releasing CCTV footage with hopes of identifying a suspect in relation to multiple car prowlings that occurred in southwest Calgary.
On Sunday, June 4, 2017, at approximately 3:15 a.m., an unknown man entered a vehicle parked in the 100 block of Everglade Circle S.W., and stole a wallet containing multiple pieces of identification. It is believed the vehicle was locked at the time of the theft as the vehicle’s security alarm was triggered during the offence.
Approximately 10 minutes earlier, another vehicle parked in the 100 block of Everglade Circle S.W., was prowled. Nothing was taken during this incident, however the suspect was caught on CCTV. It is believed these incidents are related.
CCTV footage of the first car prowling is available on The City of Calgary Newsroom and shows a suspect moving from vehicle to vehicle down the street.
Police are reminding citizens to continue to be vigilant and:
- Remove all valuables, including any garage door openers, from vehicles when parked.
- Always keep all vehicles, doors, garages and windows locked.
- Keep car keys in an unlikely place, not right beside your door for thieves to easily find.
- Report any suspicious activity or people to police immediately by calling 403-266-1234 or 9-1-1 for a crime in progress.
- Anyone with information about these incidents or the identity of the suspect is asked to call the Calgary Police Service non-emergency line at 403-266-1234. Tips can also be left anonymously be contacting Crime Stoppers through any of the following methods:
Case #: 17229492/ 5011
Calgary Police Service
Changes to Facebook means fewer people now see our posts. Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.