Regina, Saskatchewan – Since May, 2016, six robberies and two attempted robberies occurred at financial institutions in southern Saskatchewan. To date local detachments and our General Investigation Section continue an extensive investigation.
- On Friday May 13, 2016, a bank in Pangman was robbed.
- On Friday June 24, 2016 a bank in Hodgeville was robbed.
- On Wednesday January 4, 2017 a bank in Pangman was robbed.
- On Monday February 6 a robbery was attempted at a bank in Pangman.
- On Friday March 10 a bank in Holdfast was robbed.
- On Friday May 17 a bank in Glentworth was robbed.
- On Monday June 5 a robbery was attempted at a bank in Glentworth.
- On Tuesday June 13 a bank in Central Butte was robbed.
Fortunately, in all instances, zero people were physically injured.
Investigators have noted similarities in these eight incidents.
The suspect is consistently described as an adult male, 40 to 50 years of age with a heavy set or stocky build and 5’5″ to 5’8″ tall.
This individual has worn dark balaclavas or toques, gloves, a grey hooded sweater, a tan coat, an orange hoodie with an Under Armour logo on the front, a camouflage or dark coat.
Potential vehicles involved include a grey van, a red SUV, an older model dark coloured Chevrolet extended cab truck, possibly a Silverado model.
Safety is always our number one priority. We want to assure the public that we’ve been investigating the similarities in these robberies for a period of time.
If you are hearing all these descriptors together and think you recognize or know this individual, please contact your local police service. If you want to remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers – the only way anyone will ever find out if you called Crime Stoppers is if you tell them. You can call, text or email Crime Stoppers and may be rewarded cash for the information you provide.