Winnipeg, Manitoba – On June 22, 2017, at approximately 10:45 p.m., a lone male entered a convenience store in the 200 block of Selkirk Avenue while concealing his face and armed with a shotgun.
Once inside, the male pointed the firearm at an employee and demanded money. A brief confrontation occurred and the male fled without obtaining any property. There were no reported injuries or shots fired.
At approximately 2:00 a.m., a General Patrol unit observed the suspect in the area of Selkirk Avenue and Salter Street. A short time later, he was arrested at a residence in the 300 block of Selkirk Avenue.
The investigation continued by members of the Major Crimes Unit.
Carl Avery Daniels, a 21-year-old male of Winnipeg, has been charged with:
– Armed Robbery using a Firearm
– Disguise with Intent
– Pointing a Firearm
– Use of a Firearm During Commission of an Indictable Offence
– Careless Use of Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device or Ammunition
– Possession of a Weapon
– Possession of a Firearm, Prohibited or Restricted Weapon Obtained by Crime
– Possession of a Firearm, Prohibited/ Restricted Weapon or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order (x2)
He was detained in custody.
Commercial Robbery – Arrest: C17-137339
Winnipeg Police Service