Winnipeg, Manitoba – On June 29, 2017, Winnipeg Police received a report of an attempted abduction of a child. The incident occurred at approximately 2:45 p.m. in the front street in the 300 block of McKenzie Street.
A mother was walking with her 4-year-old daughter when a male grabbed the girl and attempted to leave with her. The mother engaged in a physical confrontation with the suspect and was able to safely retrieve her daughter. The mother sustained a minor injury and received medical attention as a result. The child was not physically harmed.
The suspect is described as:
- An Indigenous male
- Late 20’s in age
- Short dark hair
- Slim build
- Diamond earrings
The suspect was wearing:
- Grey coloured Adidas hat
- Purple or blue coloured Hugo Boss shirt
- Black coloured track jacket tied around his waist
- Grey coloured sweatshirt slung over his shoulder
- Black coloured pants with two red strips down the side of the legs
- Red coloured shoes with a white Nike symbol
This investigation is continuing by members of the Major Crimes Unit. Anyone with information that may assist investigators is asked to call 204-986-6219 or Crime Stoppers at 204-786-TIPS (8477).
Attempt Abduction Investigation: C17-142743
Winnipeg Police Service