Medicine Hat, Alberta – During the evening hours of Friday, June 30th and early morning hours of Saturday, July 1st, MHPS conducted an Enhanced Alberta.
Checkstop at various locations throughout the city. 1072 vehicles were checked resulting in:
- 1 person arrested and charged with impaired operation of a motor vehicle and driving over 0.08.
- 2 people arrested for possession of a controlled substance.
- 1 person issued a 30-day licence suspension under the GDL zero-tolerance program for a combination of drug and alcohol consumption.
- 1 person issued a 3-day seizure for Immediate Roadside Sanctions, where blood alcohol content fell within the range of 50mg% and 100mg%.
- 1 person issued a 24hr suspension for operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of a controlled substance.
- 5 liquor tickets issued.
- 5 Traffic Safety Act tickets issued.
- 8 roadside screening tests completed.
- 26 Traffic Safety Act warnings given.
- 7 Gaming and Liquor Act warnings given.
The MHPS, in conjunction with Mother’s Against Drunk Driving (MADD), is committed to maintaining safe summer roads and will continue checkstop programs throughout the summer months. As always we encourage all motorist to plan ahead and never get behind the wheel while under the influence of alcohol or drugs. And please enjoy a safe and responsible Canada Day long weekend!
Medicine Hat Police Service
Changes to Facebook means fewer people now see our posts. Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.