Edmonton, Alberta – In the interest of public safety, the Edmonton Police Service is issuing the following warning; Robert Major, 49, is a convicted sexual offender and the Edmonton Police Service has reasonable grounds to believe he will commit another sexual offence against a female, including children, while in the community.
Major will be residing in the Edmonton area. The Edmonton Police Service is seeking a recognizance order on Major and he will be closely monitored by the EPS Behavioural Assessment Unit.
- Major has been placed on a series of court ordered conditions including:
- Must abide by a curfew of 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily
- Must not travel out of the City of Edmonton without written permission from his supervisor
- Must not purchase, possess or consume any alcohol or drugs, including marijuana
- Must not enter establishments whose primary source of income is derived from the sale or consumption of alcohol
- Must not associate with any person known or have reason to believe has a criminal record or is involved in criminal activity without written approval from his supervisor
- Must not purchase or possess any children’s or woman’s undergarments
- Must not be in, near or around places where children under the age of 18 years are likely to congregate (i.e. elementary/secondary schools, daycare centres, parks, swimming pools, wading pools, splash parks, or recreational centres) unless accompanied by an adult previously approved by his supervisor
- Must not be in the presence of any children under the age of 18 unless accompanied by an approved adult aware of his criminal history and previously approved by his supervisor
- Must not own, view or possess any materials that depict children in any state of dress, whether it is on paper, video, computer discs, hard drive or any electronic media
Anyone with any information about any potential breaches of these conditions by Major can contact the EPS at 780-423-4567.
The Edmonton Police Service is issuing this information and warning after careful deliberation of all related issues, including privacy concerns, in the belief that it is clearly in the public interest to inform the members of the community.
Members of the public are advised that the intent of this process is to enable citizens to take suitable precautionary measures. Releasing this information is NOT intended to encourage people to engage in any form of vigilante action.
This information is released under the authority of the FOIP Act, RSA 2000, C. F-25.
The information in this release is that which was verifiable prior to the release time indicated. Continued investigation and review could result in additional information or clarification.
Edmonton Police Service
“Dedicated to Protect, Proud to Serve”
Changes to Facebook means fewer people now see our posts. Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.