Delta, BC – Delta Police are issuing a public notification regarding 39 yr old Jared Edward HARRIS, a sex offender believed to be a high risk to re-offend, who has recently been released from custody and is residing in the North Delta area. He is currently on numerous conditions and the Delta Police Criminal Investigation Branch along with Provincial Probation are monitoring him closely.
Mr. HARRIS has an extensive criminal history which includes, property offences, assault with weapon, indecent act, and invitation to sexual touching as well as breaches of court orders. It is based on HARRIS’ history and his propensity to re-offend that the Delta Police are making our citizens aware of his presence in our community in the interest of public safety.
Jared HARRIS is described as; Caucasian male, 5’10, 174 lbs, brown eyes, short brown hair, and facial hair (beard/goatee).
HARRIS is on several conditions most notably;
- You shall have no contact, direct or indirect, with anyone under the age of 16 years, save and except as necessary for a commercial transaction in a place of business.
- You must not attend a public park or public swimming area where persons under the age of 16 years are present or can reasonably be expected to be present, or a daycare centre, school ground, or playground.
- You shall not enter any liquor store, beer and/or wine store, or business whose primary purpose is the sale or distribution of alcoholic beverages.
- You shall not consume or possess alcohol or any controlled substances as listed in the Controlled Drug and Substances Act excluding prescription medication
- You shall reside where directed by the Bail Supervisor.
If you observe Jared HARRIS breaching any these conditions please contact the Delta Police at 604 946 4411.
Delta Police Department
Changes to Facebook means fewer people now see our posts. Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.