Red Deer, Alberta – A Red Deer man faces 36 Criminal Code charges after Red Deer RCMP seized drugs, guns and a significant amount of cash from the car he was found in the night of July 7.
The evening of July 7, Red Deer RCMP located a suspicious Toyota Camry parked in an alley in the Mountview neighbourhood. On preliminary investigation, police officers discovered a loaded firearm and what appeared to be several types of drugs in the car. At that point, the driver of the car was arrested and RCMP obtained a search warrant for the vehicle.
In the subsequent search of the Camry, RCMP seized four firearms and ammunition, $6,875 in Canadian currency, cocaine, heroin, marijuana, crystal meth and items consistent with drug trafficking.
29 year old Robert Sean Bishop faces the following charges:
- CDSA 5(2) – Possession for the purpose of trafficking X 2
- CDSA 4(1) – Possession of Schedule I substance X 3
- Criminal Code 86(1) – Careless use of a firearm X 4
- Criminal Code 88(1) – Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose X 4
- Criminal Code 91(1) – Unauthorized possession of firearm
- Criminal Code 91(2) – Unauthorized possession of prohibited weapon or ammunition X 4
- Criminal Code 94(1) – Possession of firearm in motor vehicle X 4
- Criminal Code 95 – Possession of prohibited firearm with ammunition X 2
- Criminal Code 96 – Possession of stolen firearm
- Criminal Code 355(a) – Possession of stolen property over $5,000
- Criminal Code 355(b) – Possession of stolen property under $5,000
- Criminal Code 129(a) – Resists/ obstructs peace officer
- Criminal Code 403(1)(d) – Identity fraud
- Criminal Code145(3) – Fail to comply with condition of undertaking X 7
Bishop is scheduled to appear in court in Red Deer on August 10 at 9:30 am. RCMP continue to investigate.
Police File #2017873048
Red Deer RCMP