Saskatoon, Saskatchewan – Shortly after 1 p.m., July 25, 2017, Police observed a vehicle believed to be stolen in the 1500 block of Lorne Avenue in Saskatoon. Attempts to stop the vehicle were not successful and the vehicle evaded Police, driving erratically and at high speeds. The SPS Air Support Unit was utilized to track the vehicle and relay its position to ground units. The vehicle was observed leaving city limits. Two individuals exited the vehicle near Range Road 3040 and attempted to hide from Police in the bushes. They were taken into custody. The driver of the vehicle, a 38-year-old man, continued to evade Police and was eventually taken into custody near Watrous, SK shortly after 4 p.m. by the RCMP with assistance from SPS Air Support and Canine members.
Officers located two sawed off firearms and ammunition.
Michael Basaraba, 38, Dana Farrell Blackie, 40 and Jennafer Nicole Lane, 26, are charged with;
- Careless use of firearm (x2)
- Possession of Dangerous Weapon (x2)
- Carry Concealed Weapon (x2)
- Unauthorized Possession of Firearm (x2)
- Unauthorized Possession of Firearm in Vehicle (x2)
- Possession of a Prohibited Firearm with Ammunition (x2)
- Possession of Weapon Obtained by Commission of Offence (x2)
Michael Basaraba is also charged with;
- Possession of Stolen Property Over $5000
- Dangerous Operation of Motor Vehicle
- Evade Police
- Possession of Firearms Contrary to Order (x2)
All three individuals were also found to have outstanding warrants.
Michael Basaraba and Dana Farrell Blackie will make their next court appearances on August 3, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. Jennafer Nicole Lane will make her next court appearance on August 3, 2017 at 10:30 a.m.
Court Info #’s 991020306, 991020307, 991020310, 991020313, 991020315
(Occurrence Number: 17-77124)
Saskatoon Police Service
Changes to Facebook means fewer people now see our posts. Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.