Wainwright, Alberta – On August 7, 2017 Wainwright RCMP members stopped a vehicle in the Town of Wainwright for a traffic violation.
Further investigation lead to the seizure of drugs, prohibited weapons and prohibited firearms from the vehicle. The female driver, Madison Nelson (22 years old) from Wainwright, AB has been charged with several Criminal Code offences:
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited firearm
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Possession of a firearm in a motor vehicle without lawful authority
- Tampering with a serial number on a firearm
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking of methamphetamine
Nelson has been released from custody on a recognizance to appear in Wainwright Provincial Court on September 7th, 2017.
Changes to Facebook means fewer people now see our posts. Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.