Winnipeg, Manitoba – On August 16, 2017 members of the Winnipeg Police Community Support Unit, Tactical Support team and Organized Crime Unit executed a Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA) search warrant and a general search warrant in the 300 block of Poplar Ave.
The following items were seized from the residence:
- .357 Magnum revolver, loaded with six live rounds
- $685 cash
- 7.3 ounces of Cocaine
- 2.25 grams of Crack Cocaine
- 1.8 grams of Cocaine
- And addition items used for drug trafficking
The firearm seized was previously reported stolen to Calgary Police.
Two males were arrested in the area after leaving the residence and one female was located and arrested in the residence.
Derek James FUNK, 33-years-old of Winnipeg has been charged with;
- Possession of Cocaine for the Purpose of Trafficking
- Possess Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000 X2
- 13 firearms related offences
- And a number of driving related offences
- He has been detained in custody.
A 30-year-old female and a 33-year-old male, both of Winnipeg, have also been charged with Possession of Cocaine for the Purpose of Trafficking, Possess Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000 X2 and a number of firearms related offences.
The adult male and female have been released on a Promise to Appear.
Drug Offence – Arrest: C17-182375
Winnipeg Police Service
Changes to Facebook means fewer people now see our posts. Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.