Okotoks, Alberta – On August 24th, 2017, Okotoks RCMP received a complaint of a suspicious vehicle & persons parked just outside of Nature’s Hideaway Campground. A male was heard walking near a camp trailer & wouldn’t respond when challenged by a camper.
Okotoks RCMP responded to the area. The on scene investigation resulted in the arrest of two males & one female. Arrested persons where found in possession of multiple firearms. A list of stolen items have been recovered including a Chevrolet 2500 van, 5 Alberta license plates, a number of assorted tools, assorted jewellery, 2 cell-phones, 3 firearms, & a considerable amount of assorted ammunition. Following further investigation, Okotoks RCMP has charged Aaron Thomas BUECHI of Cochrane-AB, with the following offences:
- 3 Counts of Possession of a Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
- 3 Counts of Failing to Comply with Conditions of a Recognizance
- 3 Counts of Failing to Comply with Probation Order
- 3 Counts of Unauthorized possession of a Firearm
- 1 Count of Possession of a Loaded Prohibited Firearm
- 1 Count of Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5000
- 1 Count of Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000
BUECHI will be appearing in court in Okotoks on Friday September 15, 2017.
Okotoks RCMP would like to remind everyone that information from the public plays a large role in helping Police keep communities safe. Should anyone wish to report criminal activity in our area, please contact Okotoks RCMP (403-938-4202) or CRIME STOPPERS (1-800-222-847).