Edmonton, Alberta – In the interest of public safety, the Edmonton Police Service is issuing the following warning: Ernest Bruno, 59, is a convicted sexual and violent offender and the Edmonton Police Service has reasonable grounds to believe he will commit another sexual or violent offence against a person, including children, while in the community.
Bruno will be residing in the Edmonton area. The Edmonton Police Service has sought a recognizance order on Bruno and he will be closely monitored by the Behavioral Assessment Unit of the Edmonton Police Service.
Bruno has been placed on a series of court ordered conditions including:
- Must abide by a curfew of 10 p.m. to 6 a.m., daily
- Must abstain from alcohol and drugs, including marijuana
- Must not enter any premise whose primary source of income is derived from the sale or consumption of alcohol
- Must not leave the City of Edmonton without the approval of his supervisor
- Must not be in, near or around places where children under the age of 18 years are likely to congregate (i.e. elementary/secondary schools, daycare centers, parks, swimming pools, wading pools, splash parks, recreational centers, youth centers) unless accompanied by an adult approved by his supervisor
- Not to be in the presence of any children under the age of 18, unless accompanied by a responsible adult approved by his supervisor
- Not to be in possession of weapons of any kind, including knives
The Edmonton Police Service is issuing this information and warning after careful deliberation of all related issues, including privacy concerns, in the belief that it is clearly in the public interest to inform the members of the community.
Anyone with information about any potential breaches of these conditions by Bruno is asked to contact the EPS at 780-423-4567.
Members of the public are advised that the intent of this process is to enable citizens to take suitable precautionary measures. Releasing this information is NOT intended to encourage people to engage in any form of vigilante action.
This information is released under the authority of the FOIP Act, RSA 2000, C. F-25.
Edmonton Police Service
“Dedicated to Protect, Proud to Serve”
Changes to Facebook means fewer people now see our posts. Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.