Edmonton, Alberta – In the interest of public safety, the Edmonton Police Service (EPS) is issuing the following warning: Gregory Ottertail, 40, is a convicted violent and sexual offender and the EPS has reasonable grounds to believe he will commit another violent or sexual offence against someone while in the community.
Ottertail will be residing in the Edmonton area. The EPS is seeking a recognizance order on Otterail and he will be closely monitored by the EPS’ Behavioral Assessment Unit.
- Ottertail has been placed on a series of court ordered conditions including:
- Must abide by a curfew of 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily
- Must abstain from the possession or consumption of alcohol and drugs, including marijuana
- Must not be found in any place whose primary source of income is the sale or consumption of alcohol (i.e. bars, taverns, nightclubs, lounges, liquor stores)
- Must not leave the City of Edmonton without the approval of his supervisor
- Must not be in possession of any weapons, including knives
- Must report any intimate relationships to his supervisor
The EPS is issuing this information and warning after careful deliberation of all related issues, including privacy concerns, in the belief that it is clearly in the public interest to inform the members of the community.
Members of the public are advised that the intent of this process is to enable citizens to take suitable precautionary measures. Releasing this information is NOT intended to encourage people to engage in any form of vigilante action.
This information is released under the authority of the FOIP Act, RSA 2000, C. F-25.
The information in this release is that which was verifiable prior to the release time indicated. Continued investigation and review could result in additional information or clarification.
Edmonton Police Service
“Dedicated to Protect, Proud to Serve”
Changes to Facebook means fewer people now see our posts. Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.