Red Deer, Alberta – Red Deer RCMP have arrested the 19 year old man accused of an armed robbery at Corral Foods the night of November 27 after locating him in a stolen car.
RCMP identified the suspect early in the investigation and obtained a warrant for his arrest. On December 4 Red Deer RCMP located him in a stolen Kia Sorento and worked with the monitoring company to shut the vehicle down; the suspect was then arrested without incident. The Kia Sorento had been reported stolen out of Red Deer the morning of December 5 after it was left unlocked and running.
RCMP recovered the grey BMW used in the armed robbery on November 28 after it was abandoned in the Johnstone neighbourhood and seized a firearm from the vehicle. The BMW had been reported stolen out of Red Deer the morning of November 27 after it was left with the keys in it.
19 year old Nicholas Michael Gibson of Blackfalds faces the following charges for the events of November 27 and the day of his arrest on December 4:
- Criminal Code 344(1)(a) – Armed robbery
- Criminal Code 351(2) – Wearing disguise with intent to commit offence
- Criminal Code 355(a) – Possession of stolen property over $5,000 X 2
- Criminal Code 87(1) – Pointing a firearm X 2
- Criminal Code 91(2) – Possession of prohibited weapon
- Criminal Code 145(3) – Fail to comply with conditions
- TSA 94(2) – Drive while unauthorized
Nicholas Gibson is scheduled to appear in court in Red Deer on December 7 at 9:30 am.
Police Files #20171606043/ 20171636617/ 20171607212
Red Deer RCMP
Changes to Facebook means fewer people now see our posts. Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.