Regina, Saskatchewan – An adult male and an adult female, both of Regina, face a multitude of charges in connection with a recent robbery and kidnapping incident in Regina in which a 30 year-old female victim was held against her will, taken out of the city, restrained and robbed. Investigation into this incident also led to the conclusion of other, outstanding cases with numerous other charges against the same two accused. The pair is jointly charged with eleven (11) offences. The female faces an additional 13; the male faces an additional 22 charges.
Background – Kidnapping: On January 7, 2018, just after 7:00 p.m., an RCMP detachment outside of Regina received a 9-1-1- call from a female stating she’d been kidnapped at gunpoint from a residence in Regina. The victim stated she had been taken to a grid road near Francis, SK, tied to a fence-post and abandoned there by two suspects: a male and a female, who were known to the victim. The victim was able to free herself and flagged down a motorist who took her to safety. Regina police took over the investigation, since the alleged kidnapping occurred in the city. Investigators further clarified the details of the victim’s story and investigation into this matter led to the arrest of two individuals from a residence in the 700 block Pasqua Street, on January 9, 2018. A search of the residence yielded a sawed-off, loaded .22 calibre semi-automatic rifle, ammunition, an airsoft handgun, identification belonging to the victim and a stolen credit card. Investigation into these events and other, outstanding files involving the same suspects resulted in numerous charges against the two persons in custody.
In connection with the kidnapping, the seized firearms and other stolen property, 27 year-old Allyson Kristina BACHIU and 35 year-old Jamie Dale MILLER, of Regina, are jointly charged with:
- Robbery, s. 334(1)(b) CC;
- Kidnapping, s. 279(1)(a) CC;
- Uttering Threats, s. 264.1(1)(a) CC;
- Possession of Stolen Property over $5,000, s. 355(a) CC;
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose, s. 88 CC;
- Possession of a Prohibited Firearm with Ammunition, s. 95(1)(a) CC;
- Possession of a Prohibited Weapon (sawed-off rifle) obtained by Commission of an Offence, s. 96(1) CC;
- Careless Use of a Firearm (storage), s. 86(1) CC;
- Tampering with the Serial Number of a Firearm, s. 108(1)(a) CC;
- Possession of Stolen Property under $5,000 (identification), s. 355(b); and
- Possession of Stolen Property under $5,000 (credit card), s. 355(b).
Additionally, Allyson BACHIU is charged with:
- 3 x Breach of Recognizance, s. 145(3) CC;
- 3 x Breach of Undertaking, s. 14593) CC;
- 6 x Breach of Probation, s. 733.1(1) CC;
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm, s. 91(1) CC;
In addition to the joint charges listed above, Jamie Dale MILLER is charged with:
- Evade Police, s. 249.1(1) CC; (Oct. 12, 2017)
- Possession of Stolen Property under $5,000 (car), s. 355(b) CC; (December 20, 2017)
- Possession of Stolen Property under $5,000 (license plates), s. 355(b) CC; (December 20, 2017)
- Possession of Stolen Property over $5,000 (car), s. 355(a) CC; (January 4, 2018)
- Assault on a Peace Officer with a Weapon, s. 270.01(1)(a) CC; (December 5, 2017)
- Pointing a Firearm, s. 88 CC;
- 7 x Breach of Undertaking, s. 145(3) CC;
- 8 x Possession of a Firearm and Ammunition contrary to prohibition, s. 117.01(1) CC;
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized, s. 92(1) CC.
Both BACHIU and MILLER made their first court appearances on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday, January 10, 2018.
Regina Police Service
Changes to Facebook means fewer people now see our posts. Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.