Swearing, foul language, defamatory comments, rudeness, vial comments, trolling and bullying are a violation of our terms of service. CAPR is not a political forum or a personal sound-off medium.
Included in the terms are the Canada Police Report website and social media pages. Our social media pages are used to direct readers to our web app.
Commenting on CAPR reports is a privilege, not a right! CAPR reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason through IP blocking or other means.
You may not post links to other media services on CAPR or associated social media streams. Doing so will activate an auto-ban. This prevents the use of CAPR’s web app and social media steams to spread false or misleading information that has not been confirmed by a police agency.
Canada Police Report employs a bot that monitors all comments for violations. CAPR staff also manually monitor all comments for violations of our terms of service. Those who violate our terms of service may be auto-banned. To have the ban removed you must contact CAPR directly to state your case.
CAPR has a zero tolerance policy that is strictly enforced. We do not tolerate violations.
Violation of our terms of service will result in a ban on commenting on our website and social media pages.
Canada Police Report is a privately operated and funded police media website. Not a single tax dollar is used to produce CAPR.
1. Acceptance of Terms
- By using or visiting the Canada Police Report (CAPR) website , CAPR Facebook Wall or YouTube Channels associated to CAPR (the “Website”), you agree to these terms and conditions (the “Terms”).
- Canada Police Report may, in its sole discretion, revise these Terms at any time without advance notice to you. You are bound by such revisions by continuing to use or visit the Website after they are posted online.
2. Canada Police Report Website / Web APP
- These Terms apply to all users of the Website, including users who contribute content to the Website. The Website may contain interactive areas designed to allow you to post content on the Website and/or comment, including by commenting on our blogs. The use of these features is additionally governed by the Code of Conduct.
3.Ownership of Website / Web APP and YouTube Video Content
- As between you and Canada Police Report, who owns all intellectual property rights, including without limitation copyright and trade-mark rights, in all materials on or comprising the Website (“Content”), including, without limitation, all written, audio visual or other materials and graphical elements on the Website, but excluding User Content. The Canada Police Report logos are trade-marks, and may not be used without the express written permission of Canada Police Report.
4. User Content; Privacy
- You may be able to email, post or upload (in designated areas of the Website) written content or other content (collectively “User Content”) to the Website.
- You are solely responsible for your own submitted, emailed or posted Content and the consequences of posting or publishing it. By submitting, emailing, uploading or posting User Content to the Website, you automatically grant Canada Police Report a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free, license to use, reproduce, modify, translate into different languages or formats, and publish such User Content on the Website for the purpose of sharing the User Content with users and visitors of the Website and to promote the Website. You represent and warrant that you own or have the rights to use and license Canada Police Report to use the User Content in the manner contemplated by the Website and these Terms.
YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE AND CONTENT IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.APR DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE OR CONTENT CONTAINED IN THIS WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS WEBSITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, Canada Police Report DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION REGARDING USE, THE ABILITY TO USE, OR THE RESULT OF USE OF THE CONTENT IN TERMS OF ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. THE CONTENT MAY INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. Canada Police Report MAY MAKE CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENTS TO THE CONTENT OR THE WEBSITE AT ANY TIME. Canada Police Report MAKES NO WARRANTIES THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL NOT INFRINGE THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN SUCH CONTENT.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Canada Police Report, ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF REVENUE OR INCOME, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY (I) ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN CONTENT, (II) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (III) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR WEBSITE, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR WEBSITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, OR (V) FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE WEBSITE. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY APPLIES REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL THEORY GIVING RISE TO THE DAMAGES, AND EVEN IF THE Canada Police Report HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT Canada Police Report , ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR USER CONTENT OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
YOU AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS Canada Police Report, ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DAMAGES, OBLIGATIONS, JUDGMENTS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, COSTS OR DEBT, ATTORNEY’S FEES AND OTHER EXPENSES ARISING FROM: (I) YOUR USE OF AND ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE; (II) YOUR VIOLATION OF ANY THIRD PARTY RIGHT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY COPYRIGHT, PROPERTY, OR PRIVACY RIGHT; OR (III) ANY CLAIM THAT YOU DID NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO PROVIDE ANY USER CONTENT OR THAT YOUR USER CONTENT CAUSED DAMAGE TO A THIRD PARTY. THIS DEFENSE AND INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATION WILL SURVIVE THESE TERMS AND YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE. IN SUCH A CASE, Canada Police Report WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH WRITTEN NOTICE OF SUCH CLAIM, SUIT OR ACTION.